Job Opportunity – Organic Grass-Fed Cattle and Poultry Crew Member, New Shoots Livestock Farm
About Soper Farms – We are a family-owned farming group spanning 4 generations and 71 family members. Our organic farms include row crops (alfalfa, oats & corn), vegetables and livestock. Our goal is to grow healthy food in the most organically sustainable way possible. This opportunity is with our New Shoots livestock farm.
New Shoots Livestock Farm – New Shoots livestock farm occupies a 160-acre pasture. With an over-winter livestock building, maintenance building and on-site poultry harvest room with walk-in freezers. Our customers range from patrons in our in-town New Shoots Farm Store, Bakery and Café to restaurants and institutions across Iowa.
We need you – We are looking for great crew members to join our livestock team. Some of this work is seasonal but some is full time. While our 2012 crew positions are full, we would like to have your resume and application on file for future reference. Below are some of the talents we are looking for. You might have one or many … perhaps none but hold a strong interesting and work ethic towards organic vegetable production.
• In-field experience with cattle feeding and care
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Familiarity with how livestock are rotationally grazed
• Familiarity with biological pest control
• Familiarity with basic farm implements such as tractors, feed mixers, etc. used with livestock
• Familiarity with organic records management, financial accountability and interest in organic standards
• Familiarity with raising poultry from brooding to pasture to finish
• Willingness to cross train to help support the other aspects of the New Shoots Farm
You are a special breed of farmer. If you are interested, please contact us at your earliest opportunity. Please fill out the on-line job application form as well as emailing us your cover letter and resume.